I made a quick batch of ground turkey based food for my dog, and this one has some special goodies in it including ginger, flax seeds, and seaweed.
Ground Turkey For Dogs
As always, this batch of homemade dog food includes only healthy ingredients.
I hope this recipe gets you excited about the idea of making healthier, homemade food for your dogs. Contrary to what some people say, it is NOT that difficult and the rewards far outweigh the effort. After all, feeding your dog healthier food means your dog will likely be healthier… in turn, you are working towards the goal of a longer, healthier life together.
As always, I recommend any dietary changes are made slowly, a little at a time. This allows your dog’s body to adjust and gives you a chance to monitor your dog’s reaction (besides wanting to wolf it down). And, I recommend adding a quality multivitamin and mineral supplement to your homemade diet.
Please contact me to start improving your dog’s diet.
Enjoy! ~ Sarah Whitman, MS
Founder, Dog Food Coach
About Dog Food Coach
I am on a mission to help you feed your dogs a healthier diet using simple, everyday foods found in most grocery stores, farm stands or elsewhere.
How Can I Help?
- Empower you
- Help you realize you can improve your dog’s diet without too much trouble or confusion
- Guide you toward healthy, easy to make foods
- Support you during your transition
- Suggest healthier options
- Work with you to create a truly supportive, nourishing diet for your dog
Individual Support Option:
Go by the week, and choose one week or multiple weeks of support. This flexible plan allows you as much support and connection as you feel you need.
During our time together, I encourage (but certainly don’t require) you to make the sample recipes I send. We can then discuss any questions you have. Each week includes the following.
- Review of your dog’s current diet
- Suggested changes as needed
- 1 sample recipe, created by Sarah
- 1 educational handout (1-2 pages), created by Sarah
- Unlimited emails and texts as needed
- Cost: $50 per week – purchase one or several weeks’ worth
- Purchase one or more weekly support consults on PayPal
If you are interested in a different setup, I will try to customize to your individual needs as much as possible. Either way, contact me to get started.