Dear friends of dogs,
A few weeks back, I sent a notice about the Hill’s prescription food recall. That recall has expanded to include more products. You can see the new list on the FDA site here: https://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/NewsEvents/ucm634138.htm.
Serving better quality food is one of the most important ways to protect your dog – not just from unsafe foods, but from disease and so much more. Join me in this mission!
For the love of dogs,
Sarah Whitman, MS
Founder, Dog Food Coach
My Mission – Dog Health and Happiness!
I am on a mission to help you feed your dogs a truly supportive diet. Reach out to me for help.
My name is Sarah Whitman, and I am the founder of DogFoodCoach.com. Pictured with me is Cori, my soulmate and inspiration for DogFoodCoach.com.
I believe my love and concern for animals was inborn, and is not going anywhere.
About Dog Food Coach
I’ve been studying human and animal nutrition since 1996. My work, or mission, on behalf of animals began long before then, and over the years I’ve had the pleasure of working with a number of nonprofit animal protection organizations.
Around 2008, I founded DogFoodCoach.com after I started removing commercial dog food from my dog’s diet, and began replacing it with real, homemade, simple food for my own soulmate dog, Cori. Once I got rolling, I never looked back. I believe the best pet food is not “pet food” at all. It’s real, whole food you can buy at your own grocery store or online. Reach out to me for help.
- 2016 – Master of Science, Holistic Nutrition, American College of Healthcare Sciences, Portland, OR – Delta Epsilon Tau Honor Society
- 2011 – Holistic Chef for Animals (HCA) certification, Global College of Natural Medicine, Santa Cruz, CA
- 2010 – Canine sports and therapeutic massage studies, Rocky Mountain School of Animal Acupressure and Massage, Carbondale, CO
- 2005 – Canine Massage Advanced Studies, Connecticut Center for Massage Therapy, Newington, CT
- 2000 – Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Political Science, University of Connecticut
- 1998 – Master of Science in Animals and Public Policy lectures, Tufts University, Grafton, MA
- 1997-1999 – Animal law and ethics lectures, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
- 1996 – Diploma, Comprehensive Nutrition (Dip.C.N.), Huntington College of Health Sciences, Knoxville, TN