I am on a mission to help you feed your dogs a truly supportive diet. Reach out to me for help.
My name is Sarah Whitman, and I am the founder of DogFoodCoach.com. Pictured with me is Cori, my soulmate and inspiration for DogFoodCoach.com.
I believe my love and concern for animals was inborn, and is not going anywhere.
About Dog Food Coach
I’ve been studying human and animal nutrition since 1996. My work, or mission, on behalf of animals began long before then, and over the years I’ve had the pleasure of working with a number of nonprofit animal protection organizations.
Around 2008, I founded DogFoodCoach.com after I started removing commercial dog food from my dog’s diet, and began replacing it with real, homemade, simple food for my own soulmate dog, Cori. Once I got rolling, I never looked back. I believe the best pet food is not “pet food” at all. It’s real, whole food you can buy at your own grocery store or online. Reach out to me for help.
- 2016 – Master of Science, Holistic Nutrition, American College of Healthcare Sciences, Portland, OR – Delta Epsilon Tau Honor Society
- 2011 – Holistic Chef for Animals (HCA) certification, Global College of Natural Medicine, Santa Cruz, CA
- 2010 – Canine sports and therapeutic massage studies, Rocky Mountain School of Animal Acupressure and Massage, Carbondale, CO
- 2005 – Canine Massage Advanced Studies, Connecticut Center for Massage Therapy, Newington, CT
- 2000 – Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Political Science, University of Connecticut
- 1998 – Master of Science in Animals and Public Policy lectures, Tufts University, Grafton, MA
- 1997-1999 – Animal law and ethics lectures, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
- 1996 – Diploma, Comprehensive Nutrition (Dip.C.N.), Huntington College of Health Sciences, Knoxville, TN
My animal-related work has been featured in:
- The Guilford Courier
- Dog Fancy magazine
- NBC News
- The Waterbury Republican-American
- The Litchfield County Times
- The Seattle-Post Intelligencer and elsewhere
About Cori, one of my inspirations for DogFoodCoach.com and so much more….
Cori, a golden retriever mix of some sort, came to me off the rescue truck as a scared pup from Georgia. During our time together, she overcame amazing hurdles, including becoming blind from glaucoma at age three. We were inseparable. I was her eyes, and she was my soulmate.
Our journey into homemade food began around 2007, when I began researching pet foods and discovered that with a few exceptions, I can’t put my faith in the safety of most commercial foods on the market today. Learning about recalls, chemicals, fillers, mold , bacteria, and all sorts of other contaminants led me to say “enough is enough,” and I transitioned my best furry friend onto homemade food.
After Cori began eating homemade, human-grade food, her fur became softer, a lump on her back disappeared, and her spirits remained high into her elderly years. I truly believe that giving her clean, whole foods — and constant love of course — made all the difference in her long life. Cori lived to 15 1/2, which I know is old… but of course it was not long enough.
I hope you will let me help you create an excellent, truly supportive diet for your dog. That is my mission and I have seen many dog caregivers pursue the same goals once they get going.
Best wishes to you and your furkids,