Food is love.
With each bite of healthy food, you know you are taking care of your dog.
You are doing something good for him or her.
Once I realized this, I never looked back. – Sarah
Why Does Your Dog’s Diet Matter, and What Can You Do About It?
Find out in my new online class.
I am hard at work developing this new online resource for you and your dog. Email me with questions.
Go to www.dogfoodcoach.com/courses/your-dogs-diet for more details.
Course Details and Syllabus
Diet is an important aspect of health, whether it’s yours or your dog’s. Striving for high quality and safety is a fundamental aspect to establishing feeding protocols. A look into the status of commercial pet foods indicates a diet consisting of human-grade foods is inherently safer than a diet of commercial foods.
Education is paramount to the success of advocating and executing a home-cooked diet for dogs. Information in this course is gathered from many sources, including collaboration with veterinary professionals, nutritionists and dog advocates, and my research in graduate school. It is also a personal mission, as a lifelong dog parent and foodie. The goals of this course include:
- Empowering you to improve your dog’s diet
- Addressing fear many pet parents have about changing diets
- Highlighting results of studies focusing on specific risks and threats within commercial dog foods
- Transitioning from a “one-size-fits-all” dietary approach to the canine diet, instead focusing on the individual dog’s needs
- Learning time management
- Offering personal support to every student
- PDF handouts with topic highlights
- Audio insights regarding unit topics
- Unit readings: research reviews, experiential information, philosophy of homemade diets and more
- Sample recipes
- Functional food information
- Personal check-in opportunities with Sarah throughout the course
The proposed course structure is evolving.
This class is for informational, educational purposes and is not designed to replace excellent veterinary care.