Happy National Dog Biscuit Day:
Bacon & Egg Biscuits Recipe
When your dog eats healthy, delicious food, every day seems like a medley of treats. But if you are looking for a healthy dog cookie recipe to celebrate National Dog Biscuit Day, or to use during training or other occasions, here is a simple one. It only has a few ingredients, and is easy to make. Enjoy!
Bacon and Egg Biscuits
This recipe was created specifically for National Dog Biscuit Day, February 23…but it’s delicious all year.
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 whole egg
- 3 ounces (6 tablespoons) plain quick cook oats, dry/uncooked
- 1 tablespoon / handful of blueberries
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Flour for dredging (2 ounces or so should do it)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse blueberries.
- Place flour on a plate for dredging.
- Grease parchment paper with coconut oil. If you do not have parchment paper, biscuits could be placed directly on greased cookie sheet.
- Finely chop bacon strips. Some parts may not slice as easily as others; just pull those pieces apart as you are shaping the biscuits.
- Combine bacon, egg, oatmeal and blueberries.
- Begin forming the biscuits, taking small pieces and shaping them into a ball, and then pressing them flat.
- Dredge each biscuit and continue to flatten as needed.
- Place biscuits on cookie sheet.
- Cook for about 40 minutes or until golden brown, flipping once halfway through
- Makes about one dozen 2” biscuits.
About Dog Food Coach
I am on a mission to help you feed your dogs a healthier diet using simple, everyday foods found in most grocery stores, farm stands or elsewhere.
How Can I Help?
- Empower you
- Help you realize you can improve your dog’s diet without too much trouble or confusion
- Guide you toward healthy, easy to make foods
- Support you during your transition
- Suggest healthier options
- Work with you to create a truly supportive, nourishing diet for your dog
Basic Consult Option:
A basic consult includes the following:
- Review of your dog’s current diet and suggested changes as needed
- 2 sample recipes, created by Sarah
- Educational handouts, created by Sarah
- One week of unlimited, as needed emails and texts
- Cost: $50 per weekly consult – purchase one or several weeks’ worth
- Contact me to inquire about a basic consult or
- Purchase one or more weekly consults on PayPal
If you are interested in a different setup, I will try to customize to your individual needs as much as possible. Either way, contact me to get started.